Job Title: Photography Intern
Photograph events and programming at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art!
- Intermediate to advanced level photographer —must be an upperclassmen or graduate student
- Must provide own photography and photo editing equipment
- Interest in event photography
- Ability to work independently
- Organized and practical
- Knowledge of photo editing technology and ability to edit and quickly turn around photos
- Knowledge of different file types and photo uploading websites
- Flexible schedule— may need to work events during the evening/weekend
- Work with the Ogden Museum's marketing, PR and development teams to document events. Photographs will be used in marketing and fundraising collateral.
- Photograph programs and special events hosted by the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, including, but not limited to:
- Ogden After Hours: the Museum concert series takes place every Thursday from 6 -8PM at the Ogden Museum to support the vibrant local music scene
- Ogden Family Day: The Ogden Museum is open to the public for a day of creating, dancing, and learning. There are craft tables set up throughout the Museum for kids of all ages and kid friendly performances
- Sippin' in Seersucker: A Sartorial Soiree Kicking off the Summer Season, May 9, 2015
- Magnolia Ball: Celebrating the Center for Southern Craft and Design, June 20, 2015
- White Linen Night: The Ogden Museum welcomes thousands of art patrons to view our opening exhibitions including our annual state-wide juried exhibition, Louisiana Contemporary (August 1, 2015)
- O What A Night: the Ogden Museum's annual gala. With over 450 guests in attendance the Gala is an evening filled with art, music and culinary talents that reflect the importance and influence of Southern culture across the globe (October 24, 2015)
- Other programming includes Kohlmeyer Circle events, Director's Tour gatherings, education activities, exhibition openings, lectures, trunk shows, book signings, and more!
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please put “Photography Intern” in the subject line of your email.